The engagement ring of Katharina von Bora Finely chased pierced band formed as a crucifix with the Corpus and Arma Christi set with a central garnet. Inscribed on the inside of the band in Gothic script: “D. Martino Luthero Katharina v. Boren 13 Juni 1525”. The church reformer Dr. Martin Luther married the Cistercian nun Katharina von Bora in 1525. A piece purported to be her original wedding ring is kept in the Stadtgeschichtliches Museum and is one of the most famous devotional objects related to the Luther family. Ring size 69 Weight 3.2g. Second half 19th C.