Depicting Pan playing the pipes in silver on lapis lazuli, within gold border, 2.1cm wide Size : 7
The Maison was founded in 1839 by François-Auguste Fannière and François-Joseph-Louis Fannière. they were draftsmen, sculptors, scissors and manufacturers; they worked for the main Paris’s goldsmiths. The Fannière brothers started their exposition from 1862 under their name.
François-Desire Froment-Meurice was one of the leading French jewellers of the Renaissance revival. His technique of ‘viele argent’ became used across the continent and he was winner of numerous medals for his jewellery. Victor Hugo even penned a poem about him.